City crews are guided by our Winter Street Maintenance policy (IN-007) when removing snow and ice from City streets.
Snow Removal Schedule
Snow removal begins at 7:00 AM each day, unless otherwise specified. The City of Wetaskiwin will be conducting parking enforcement along the advertised snow removal routes starting at 7:00 AM (unless otherwise specified).
Prior week's snow removal routes
- January 1, 2019 Downtown Snow Removal
- January 2, 2019 School Zones Snow Removal
- January 3, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 4, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 9, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 10, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 11, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 14, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 15, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 16, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 17, 2019 Snow Removal Map
- January 18, 2019 Snow Removal Map
Residential Snow Removal
Residential snow removal has been scheduled to begin January 9, 2019. This will be completed with the City’s resources only. We will begin in the areas that receive their garbage collection on Tuesday, and will continue through the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday routes. This is done to avoid clearing snow when the garbage receptacles are on the streets.
Residential snow removal will be halted if we receive another significant snowfall, as City crews will return to the priorities listed in the City of Wetaskiwin Winter Street Maintenance Policy. It is important to note that we will not start residential clearing from the beginning again, but will continue clearing residential streets from the same location we were at when interrupted.
Please contact the Public Works office at 780 361 4436 with any questions pertaining to snow removal. If you wish to receive snow removal text/email notifications from the City of Wetaskiwin, please sign up at www.wetaskiwin.ca/list.aspx.