Permits & Licences

  1.  Business Licences
  2. Business Licence and Vendor Fees
  3. Renew a Business Licence
  4. Home-Based Businesses
  5. Taxi Licences
  6. Vendor Permits
  7. Non-Profit Organizations
  8. Does my Business Require Other Permits?

Business Licences

The City of Wetaskiwin requires all new and existing businesses to obtain and maintain a business licence in order to operate within the City.

Business licences are valid for up to one year, expiring on December 31. It is the business owner’s responsibility to renew their business licence.

How to apply for a Business Licence

Step 1: Determine in which land use district your business is located

  • Use the City of Wetaskiwin WebMap service to determine your land use district (zone)

Step 2: Determine if your proposed business is Permitted or Discretionary

  • Once you know your land use district, review the Land Use Bylaw to find the specific regulations that apply to your zoning district, including which uses are permitted or discretionary. 
  • Permitted Uses are allowed within the land use district. Discretionary Uses are allowed at the discretion of the Development Authority, depending on their compatibility with neighbouring land use.  
  • For more information, review the Land Use Bylaw  page or contact Development Services at 780.361.4400 or

Step 3: Download, complete and submit the appropriate Business Licence application  

  • Business Licence Application for businesses located within the City of Wetaskiwin.
  • Non-Resident Business Licence Application for businesses located outside of the City of Wetaskiwin but doing business within City boundaries.
  • Business Licence applications may be submitted by email (, by mail, or in person at City Hall.
  • Business Licence applications submitted by email must be in a PDF format. 

See the Business Licence Bylaw for more information or contact Development Services at 780.361.4400 or