Connect with Council

Members of the public may submit questions, comments, and requests to council through a variety of mechanisms.

Contact the mayor and councillors directly
You can email the mayor and individual councillors directly, either individually or as a group. Visit Mayor & Council for contact information. To request an appointment with the mayor, please contact the executive assistant at 780.361.4409 or

Address Council at the open mic portion of a Council meeting
Council amended the Council Meeting Procedural Bylaw to include an open microphone (mic) session for all regular council meetings. The open mic session will immediately follow the call to order for each regular council meeting. The open mic gives community members another way to communicate with council. Those wishing to speak must register by emailing before the start of the meeting and provide their name, address, and the topic of their presentation.

Helpful tips to follow when presenting before council

Appear before council as a delegation
A person or group of people making a formal presentation at a council meeting is called a delegation. For more information on delegations and how to appear before council as a delegation, visit the Delegations page. 

Submit comments at a public hearing
Public hearings are held to gather input from the community regarding specific bylaws being considered by council. Public hearings are advertised in the newspaper and on the City of Wetaskiwin website for a minimum of two weeks before they occur. Comments can be submitted in writing anytime between when council sets the hearing date and when the hearing is adjourned. Information about public hearing procedures is available on our Public Hearings & Notices page. 

Send it in writing
If you would like to have written correspondence distributed to council or presented at a public council meeting, please send it directly to Inclusion of correspondence on a council agenda is subject to approval by the agenda review committee.