Vendor Permits

Vendor Permit

Mobile vendors are regulated by the Business License Bylaw and require both a business license and a vendor permit. This section explains what a vendor permit is and how to apply for one. 

What is a Vendor Permit?

Vendor permits authorize the operation of mobile vendors within the City of Wetaskiwin. A mobile vendor is classified as the traveling or temporary sales of goods or services from a temporary location in any place where the public has an expected right of access. 

All vendors attending a special event must submit a vendor permit application, business license application, and payment Planning & Development at least 10 business days prior to the event.

Mobile Vendor Permit Guidelines

Mobile vendors must follow the Vendor Permit Guidelines.

For more information on Vendor Permits, please see Bylaw No. 1933-19. 

How to Apply for a Vendor Permit 

Step 1: Download and complete the Vendor Permit Application Package 

Step 2: Submit Application to Development Services

Fee Schedule:

Vendor Permit Fees 
Annual Vendor Permit$100
Special Event Non-Profit* No Fee
Weekly Business License
(Monday to Sunday to a maximum of a yearly business license fee) 
$25 / Week
Business License Annual Fee
Resident (business located within City of Wetaskiwin limits)$100
Regional Resident (business located within the County of Wetaskiwin)$150
Non-Resident $200

*Special event non-profit means any community event or festival being managed or controlled by a non-profit organization which may have one or more vendors.